RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: RPCS3 in Launchbox (HELP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i´m trying to setup RPCS3 inside launchbox to run the games directly from there, but i have no clue how to do.

So far i added the emulator, added the games, but i can´t see how i point Launchbox added games to run in RPCS3 via command line. I have 2 games i installed to test: 1942 Joint Strike and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix.

I tried to point the eboot.bin file directory, but i always get an error message. 

Please, help me setup it there. I don´t want to use a third program like RocketLauncher.
(09-04-2017, 08:12 PM)btr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i´m trying to setup RPCS3 inside launchbox to run the games directly from there, but i have no clue how to do.

So far i added the emulator, added the games, but i can´t see how i point Launchbox added games to run in RPCS3 via command line. I have 2 games i installed to test: 1942 Joint Strike and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix.

I tried to point the eboot.bin file directory, but i always get an error message. 

Please, help me setup it there. I don´t want to use a third program like RocketLauncher.

I had the same games and work perfect in launchbox

the games must be in the originals instalation folder in rcps3
After browsing the forum a bit I was also about to start learning launchbox but figured I'd try Steam first since I already use it.

In Big Picture I can now open specific games directly.

It was also possible to quit the games with both Dualshock 4 and Xbox 360/One controllers, no need for keyboard or mouse.
(with xbox I had to deactivate gamebar, then in Steam add so "guide button + b button" equalled keyboard "alt + f4")

Maybe time to build a new "living room" PC, boot directly into Steam Big Picture and use it to start rpcs3, xenia, kodi and ultrastar Smile
I can't even get Launchbox to work. I put in my Steam URL and API key and it always say "your profile must be online and set to Public" even though it already is. I've tried this many times and even removed and re-installed Launchbox and I always get the same result. I contacted them and got no response.
For your case I can recommend my LaunchBox RPCS3 configuration - just have a look to the attached screenshots.

In the game settings under "Launching" it is important that you choose the EBOOT.BIN file of your PS3 game.
This is the file - which LaunchBox gives the rpcs3.exe as parameter to start the game.

"EBOOT.BIN" is located in the "\[RPCS3DIRECTORY]\dev_hdd0\disc\[YOURGAME]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\" directory of any disc based game.

In case if you have PKG file installed instead a disc ripped game (=i. e. dumped out of your own PlayStation 3 backup), then your games "EBOOT.BIN" is stored in following path:
"\[RPCS3DIRECTORY]\dev_hdd0\game\[YOURGAME]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\"

You can find out the game specific installation folder simply by right clicking the game in your RPCS3 window and go to "Open Install Folder".

The RPCS3 configuration I marked the relevant options in red color (screenshot nr. 6).

Easily set all options as shown in the screenshots. Good luck! :-)

I recommend you to read the "RPCS3 Quickstart". Everything what you basically need to know for your first steps is really good documented there:
https://rpcs3.net/quickstart

Concerning LaunchBox/BigBox you will also get more accurate tips and hep in the LaunchBox community forum (I'm also there):
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/search/?q=rpcs3