RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Wolfenstein [BLES00564]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tested with da3f3fd.

Everything standard but Vulkan (for better FPS) and DS4.

Seems playable, but there are heavy visual glitches.

https://youtu.be/TIEJgqibYiY
Tested using 0.0.5-6980-81e5f3b7f Alpha

i7-3770, GTX 1070, 16GB DDR3

LLVM PPU
ASMJIT SPU
Auto threads
Thread scheduler and SPU loop detection enabled

GPU wise, Vulkan, auto anisotropic and framelimit off

The game plays as in the above video (lighting broken, glitches everywhere - this happens regardless of resolution scale) UNLESS Strict rendering is enabled. once this is on, the lighting works perfectly. the framerates are at near constant 30 with very minor shader compilation stutters.

one thing i found is that the audio stutters like crazy once in game. however, if you turn the effects audio to 0, all other audio (music and dialog) plays perfectly. it's weird not hearing yourself shoot but the game is otherwise very playable now.

[Image: wolf1.jpg] [Image: wolf2.jpg] [Image: wolf3.jpg][Image: wolf4.jpg]

*Edit* - after trying to continue on from yesterday i've found saves are broken. The saves are there but the game will not load them. Animations continue in the background but the game goes no further than a black box stating that it is reading save data
I was interested to see how the many, many improvements since 2018 have affected this game since i last posted on it.

Tested on 9700K @ 4.4GHz all cores (AVX offset of 2. 100% cpu with AVX gets VERY hot) 16GB DDR4 W/cooled GTX 1070 running at a near constant boost @2Ghz

RPCS3 Version: 0.0.12-10881-8df1d743 Alpha

PPU - LLVM
SPU - LLVM
ADDITIONAL SETTINGS - SPU CACHE
TSX - YES
SPU BLOCK SIZE - SAFE
SPU THREADS - AUTO

RENDERER- Vulkan
ASYNC SHADERS
RESOLUTION SCALE 800 (3840x2160)
AA - DISABLED

AUDIO Xaudio2

SPU loop detection causes stuttering audio, so that was turned off.

All lighting works fantastically (strict rendering is no longer needed to fix that issue) scaled up to 800% 3840x2160 works great! 
The issue i had previously with audio is now also resolved. No need to turn sfx down as all audio works together without issues.

The big issue stopping me from claiming this game is playable is... save states.

The saves still show, the progress of checkpoints etc are still shown but the game will not load them at all. i've included a log of me loading the game and trying to continue from a save file. Interestingly unplugging the controller gets the game out of the infinite loading problem. not that that helps, just found that a point of interest that the game recovers. no errors are ever shown.
Is there no way to fix the load problem?
I don't know which update fixed it. but as of today I finally retested and the save games loaded first try!!
0.0.27-14824-ad3e740c Alpha ¦ master.