RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Gamepad bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something seems to be slightly off with the way rpcs3 handles gamepads. I've only tested this in Persona 5, but I've noticed if you move along the outer edges of the analog stick in a circle, there are multiple positions where you'll walk instead of run when using xinput. I've also tested this with the ds4 option and in this case it's much better, but the diagonal bottom right position still walks instead of running. I tested xinput using a ds4 and ds4windows, so I can't confirm if this happens on an actual xinput controller.
I tested this with an actual xbox one gamepad today and got the same result as using a ds4 and ds4windows. There's definitely something up with the xinput and ds4 options, with ds4 being the better of the two
https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3216

config_xinput.yml has a pad squircling factor setting.
If you lower it, it will make diagonals closer to corner value(it basically makes the circle output of your pad more like a square, hence the name).
Generally people are happy with 4000 for persona 5.
Note that if you want to use 3rd party software to do this you can put pad squircling factor at 0 and it'll disable it.
Also note that you need a proper editor(notepad++ for example) to edit .yml files.
I tried that and worked out for me. I don't really understand the point of that option though. Why would you want to make a circle stick act like a square? Why wouldn't it be better to turn that option to 0?
(08-29-2017, 06:34 AM)Mur Wrote: [ -> ]https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3216

config_xinput.yml has a pad squircling factor setting.
If you lower it, it will make diagonals closer to corner value(it basically makes the circle output of your pad more like a square, hence the name).
Generally people are happy with 4000 for persona 5.
Note that if you want to use 3rd party software to do this you can put pad squircling factor at 0 and it'll disable it.
Also note that you need a proper editor(notepad++ for example) to edit .yml files.

Sorry if this is not the place to post, but I am having a related issue. When playing Persona 5 on RPCS3 using a Xbox one controller the right analog stick seems to keep moving downwards. It keeps looking down, has anyone faced a similar issue?