RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Load Game/ SH Downpour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pez

Hi all; new to the forum, and, new to RPCS3.

I'm looking to play Silent Hill: Downpour through the PS3 emulator on my computer.

I do believe my computer's specs meet/ exceed what's needed:
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Samsung 512GB SSD
- Intel Core i7, 7700K Processor
- 32GB Corsair RAM
- EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 1080

I downloaded what I believe to be the latest emulator from this site; here's the name of the file:
rpcs3-v0.0.3-2017-08-13-80fee5ac_win64

I also went and retrieved the latest firmware/ software from Playstation's site:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/suppor...dates/ps3/
It's version 4.81

I launched RPCS3 and uploaded that latest firmware. Also from recommendations I've seen, I adjusted setting for Core/ Processor, Graphics, & System. My problem, though, is the booting/ running of the game itself.

I've looked at the FAQ and the QuickStart Guide on this site, and also some tutorial videos on YouTube....but I just can't get the game to start.

On my computer's drive, I have an .iso file from the original disc of Silent Hill: Downpour. But, you don't put this image file itself within the folder where you have the RPCS3 program, do you?

What I gathered from the info I've seen, is, you use a program to unpack that .iso file (I myself have PowerISO), and then take the unpacked files/ folders, and in the RPCS3 folder, place it in:
\dev_hdd0\game

Is this correct so far?

And then, launch RPCS3, click on Boot, Boot Game, and then navigate (point) to the location of the game (like I mentioned above, I unpacked the .iso file into \dev_hdd0\game).

But the game won't start.

Have I missed something? Some certain step? What item am I missing to get the game to launch?

Thanks for any help & info,
Pez