RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Duplicate Files in .iso Dumped via PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MyNameIsDefault

I've been dumping some of my PS3 collection for the past few days. My PS3 is a super slim, so (as it seems everyone says) I can't CFW it, but I do have a compatible Blu-Ray drive in my PC to dump games via the method in the quickstart section of the RPCS3 website. Cool, I thought. Until I tried dumping MGS4 (even if it doesn't work in the emulator yet, at least I "have" a backup/dump ready). Near the end of the process I had a 34GB decrypted .iso. Just like with all of my other games, I used PowerISO to extract them (not really sure why). The extracted contents were only about 15GB in size! That didn't seem right. I then tried extracting with 7-Zip, which led me to find there were multiple files of the same name trying to overwrite each other. I had this same problem trying to extract a decrypted .iso for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Can anyone shed some light on what's going on here, and if I should be doing something different OR if what I'm doing is perfectly fine?