RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Castlevania Harmony of Despair [NPUB30505]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(04-13-2020, 02:27 AM)AlbertAlpha Wrote: [ -> ]Fix game crashing at character select screen:
  1. Go to "\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30505\USRDIR\dynamic\player".
  2. Move any "**.ppu.sprx" files from each subfolder to the parent "player" folder.
  3. Delete the empty folders in "\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30505\USRDIR\dynamic\player".
Code:
So it should be like this wihtout any folder:
"\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30505\USRDIR\dynamic\player\dllalucard.ppu.sprx"
"\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30505\USRDIR\dynamic\player\dllcharlotte.ppu.sprx"
"\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30505\USRDIR\dynamic\player\dlljonathan.ppu.sprx"
"\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30505\USRDIR\dynamic\player\dllshanoa.ppu.sprx"
"\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30505\USRDIR\dynamic\player\dllsoma.ppu.sprx"

I followed these instructions today and my folder looks exactly like you mentioned, but the character select still freezes.  Any other potential options here?  I can play as Soma, but once I click on the character select, game crashes.
(04-14-2020, 07:53 PM)raiderstudent Wrote: [ -> ]I followed these instructions today and my folder looks exactly like you mentioned, but the character select still freezes.  Any other potential options here?  I can play as Soma, but once I click on the character select, game crashes.

Have you added the dummy file inside "\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30505\USRDIR\dynamic\player"? Remove caches and try to run the game in Interpreter (fast) PPU to see if tts working with these options.
(04-14-2020, 05:57 PM)AlbertAlpha Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2020, 11:08 PM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything you've found that can be done about the duplicated base characters? The rest seems to work fine.

Hi, I updated the post with correct steps. Instead of removing the folders for the base characters you have to move files to the parent "player" folder. This seems to fix duplication for base characters too. If you deleted the contents of these folders maybe you should remove the game and start the installation and apply the fixes again. Let me know if this works.

That seems to have taken care of the problem.

As an aside, the current version of rpcs3 also seems to have solved the missing effect issue, with the exception of the menus - text highlights red, but no further indicator. So if you're trying to equip an item on an empty slot, you have to kind of select it blindly.
Yes, I'm gettting missing graphics with recent versions of RPCS3 using LLVM (see screenshots). If I change to Interpreter (fast) is working great.
But with v0.0.8-9540 was working even on LLVM.

[attachment=18397][attachment=18398]
(04-14-2020, 08:26 PM)AlbertAlpha Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2020, 07:53 PM)raiderstudent Wrote: [ -> ]I followed these instructions today and my folder looks exactly like you mentioned, but the character select still freezes.  Any other potential options here?  I can play as Soma, but once I click on the character select, game crashes.

Have you added the dummy file inside "\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30505\USRDIR\dynamic\player"? Remove caches and try to run the game in Interpreter (fast) PPU to see if tts working with these options.
I'm going to be honest and did not follow the dlc instructions thinking that piece wasn't necessary; however, I just completed the tasks exactly like you described and it works!  Thank you so much.
[attachment=18977 Wrote:AlbertAlpha pid='310107' dateline='1586977071']Yes, I'm gettting missing graphics with recent versions of RPCS3 using LLVM (see screenshots). If I change to Interpreter (fast) is working great.

Are you perhaps also experiencing an issue where it seems like some of the hitboxes are not correctly aligned? In some levels like e.g. the one with Death, I get hit by invisible enmies (for 3 hitpoints) and I am not sure what's causing it. Perhaps the flying heads. Also, when I try to jump over the pendulum at the beginning of that stage, I always get hit because the pendulum strikes me without me even touching it. I wonder if there's a solution for these errors. They're not game-breaking on Normal, but on higher difficulties will be. I have attached my settings as screenshots.

RPCS3 0.0.10-10433-3d20ce70
[attachment=18977]
[attachment=18976]
Got the game working with all DLC thanks to @AlbertAlpha - awesome stuff.

I have been getting into the game again, and have been experiencing a few errors of my own. The main one that is quite annoying is that my character gets stick beside a boss door and can no longer move side to side (can still jump). This happens while i am fighting bosses, if i brush up against the inner door. Sometimes I can break free with a slide but often i am stick, just able to jump or slide in place. maybe this is related to the hit box of the door or something? I have been trying to avoid going close to these doors for now, but its easy to forget that in the heat of battle.

I have also experienced a less annoying, though game play detracting bug where boss 4, Brauner does his first attack, then just stands there for the rest of the fight. This makes him easy to farm for sure - but in the end of the day id like to fight him.

Final bug i experienced was when I beat Dracula on medium for the first time (in this save) last night. His original human sprite appeared in the middle of the screen and froze there, not showing the sequence where he disintegrates and the chest appears. I danced around the room for about 5 minutes not wanting to give up on the chest, and eventually something triggered the final sequence where the chest appeared. I haven't tried the fight again to see if this repeats. something else to note is that he did charm me right as he died - maybe that had something to do with it?

If any has any ideas on fixes for any of these it would be hugely appreciated!
Is there an RPCN server for this game yet?
(04-15-2020, 06:57 PM)AlbertAlpha Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I'm gettting missing graphics with recent versions of RPCS3 using LLVM (see screenshots). If I change to Interpreter (fast) is working great.

Hello! I am having the same issue with the left page at the main menu not rendering the background. When I changed the PPU decoder to fast it fixed it, buuuut it tanked my fps. I was getting locked 60fps with LLVM and with fast its 30-40 fps. Did it do the same with you or is your fps unaffected?

My specs
CPU: 8700k
GPU: gtx 1080
RAM: 16gb
rpcs3 ver: 0.0.12 10910-34eff440 Alpha

Running game at 1080p
(04-13-2020, 02:27 AM)AlbertAlpha Wrote: [ -> ]...

Game crashes at character selection screen for me, even after following those instructions.

log shows this line:

F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x00566f88]} VM: Access violation reading location 0x2a4 (unmapped memory) [type=u32]

RPCS3 Version: 0.0.14-11575-e4c3b1c2 Alpha
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6