RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: The Simpsons Game [BLES00142]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

bobthecooldad

Core

PPU: Interpreter (fast)
SPU: Recompiler (ASMJIT)
LLE Modules: Automatic

Graphics

- Any
- 1280x720
- Auto (Frame limit)
- VSync

Audio

- XAudio2

Tested in github pull 3/6/2017

Console error is :
F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x00486c84]} struct vm::access_violation thrown: Access violation writing address 0xcfffe230

Visual Studio Hangs on :
Line 524 emucore with value being "+ this 0x00000000a0846bfc {m_data=0 } se_t<unsigned int,1,4> *
" and return storage:: from(m_data)
and m data = 0 then 16777216 bouncing for ever
RPCS3 v0.0.4-6295-198e9dce Alpha

Game starts and fps are okay, not playable due to the texture glitches. 
As Asinine said in the Simpson Game Demo thread, when it asks you to reconnect your controller do what it says, disconnect and reconnect your controller then press start. 

Also I've noticed that I can't navigate through the menus, all I can do is press A and load the last game, or when pausing, you can't navigate, just continue. Also when playing on OpenGL I can't hit the guards at the musem, as you can see in the video, I don't know if its due to a glitch or just me being noob  Confused 

There you have two videos of the game working on a Intel HD 530\I5 6600K, first one is on Vulkan and second one is on OpenGL: 

Also while Vulkan works almost with no glitches on some levels, on others just gives a black screen: 

The log downthere is from the last Vulkan gameplay, the sample.
RPCS3 0.0.4-6392-c21fa2d8b
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
GTX 1080

The log provided is from me randomly walking around Springfield with Bart and Lisa, since I can't replay the episodes and I can't switch the characters in the phone booth without deleting my save data (see "Gameplay"). I tried to trigger as many of the graphical glitches as possible though.

Graphics - OpenGL
The screen has a yellow tint whenever something is highlighted. Also with certain VFX on screen (mostly notable when a character is shooting, also explosions do this) it zooms in the top left corner. Charged attacks seem to trigger multiple of these glitches at once. I've also noticed some very insignificant texture glitches. After playing a few episodes the screen goes pitch black. This is easily solved by restarting the game.

[Image: P2tTCYI.png]
Yellow tint + zoom at once

[Image: kLFvOP9.png]
The ocassional pitch black issue

Graphics - Vulkan
In Vulkan mode the game is mostly unplayable. Even though the slight texture glitches don't happen, whenever something is highlighted, the screen goes pitch black (most likely the same conditions as the yellow tint in OpenGL mode)
[Image: tZurt1N.png]
Pitch Black Issue

Gameplay
You can't navigate around the menus. You can confirm the selections, but you can't change them. This affects the pause menu, main menu and even the bus stops in Springfield. Luckily the preselected characters can complete all of the missions. Arrows work for switching characters in missions. In-game the only issues affecting gameplay that I found were the graphics issues, enemies behave exactly the same as they would on a real PS3.

EDIT: just remembered one more gameplay issue - in episode 15 (Five Characters in Search of an Author), when you get to the part when you fight Matt Groening, you are unable to move until you restart the game. Every other input works, just moving around doesn't. I've managed to recreate this issue twice.
Games is working almost perfectly on last build with last drivers, even on the iGPU of my i5 6600k. I'd say it's already playable, only bug that makes it not be 100% it's the fact that you can't navigate the menus, the d-pad not working on them, but works ingame (you can switch characters).
We require a log file and version identifier for compatibility reports. Please read https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-196671.html

Since you have a video screenshots are not needed.
On latest master Homer's burp and other charged or super attack effect should be fixed  by using WCB+Force CPU Blit
RPCS3 v0.0.5-6884-dcd7f442_win64
Vulkan renderer
PPU LLVM Recompiler
SPU ASMJIT Recompiler
1920x1080 resolution
Vsync on

Could get past the menu because when I try to load the save the game says it appears to be damaged and I can't delete it.
(06-02-2018, 01:08 AM)NeoOblivion Wrote: [ -> ]RPCS3 v0.0.5-6884-dcd7f442_win64
Vulkan renderer
PPU LLVM Recompiler
SPU ASMJIT Recompiler
1920x1080 resolution
Vsync on

Could get past the menu because when I try to load the save the game says it appears to be damaged and I can't delete it.

Same here, could someone explain how to get ingame?
(06-28-2018, 01:24 PM)jml95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2018, 01:08 AM)NeoOblivion Wrote: [ -> ]RPCS3 v0.0.5-6884-dcd7f442_win64
Vulkan renderer
PPU LLVM Recompiler
SPU ASMJIT Recompiler
1920x1080 resolution
Vsync on

Same here, could someone explain how to get ingame?

And the same for me too. Let us know if anyone knows a workaround or fix for this. Thank you!
To delete savedata use Manage->Save Data in emulator
Pages: 1 2 3 4