RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Demon's Souls [BLUS30443]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Works well but a little slow. See this post: https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/03/11/des/

Settings:
PPU LLVM Recompiler
SPU ASMJIT Recompiler
SPU loop detection: On
Preferred SPU Threads: 4 (probably but you have to test to see what's better for your CPU)
SPU delay penalty: 0 (config.yml only setting for now)
OpenGL or Vulkan (faster) + Write Color Buffers + Invalidate cache every frame
Moving to ingame
I have the US version but it hadn't been moved to playable section yet
so I figured I'll make a log for it to move it to playable
Moving to playable, thanks for reporting.

Drinkie

Posted this message before (In the EU version of this game by accident) but it didn't post for whatever reason anyway i'm having a display issue with the game where if i have the GPU setting set to OpenGL everything is black including the menu's but if i have it set to Vulkan then the stages are completely black i can't even see my character at all the game did work until i got to the second part of the tutorial but now it's just not playable.
(07-29-2017, 06:23 PM)Drinkie Wrote: [ -> ]Posted this message before (In the EU version of this game by accident) but it didn't post for whatever reason anyway i'm having a display issue with the game where if i have the GPU setting set to OpenGL everything is black including the menu's but if i have it set to Vulkan then the stages are completely black i can't even see my character at all the game did work until i got to the second part of the tutorial but now it's just not playable.
From your log:
Video:
Write Color Buffers: false

From OP:
(01-27-2017, 03:44 AM)Renusek Wrote: [ -> ]Settings:
PPU LLVM Recompiler
SPU ASMJIT Recompiler
SPU loop detection: On
4 prefered SPU threads (probably, but you have to test)
OpenGL or Vulkan (faster) + Write Color Buffers + Invalidate cache every frame

godless3

I have a pretty weird problem. The Tutorial works perfectly but as soon as I get to the Nexus my player audio goes away and never comes back (footsteps mainly). All other sounds work normally.

godless3

I can confirm the game is working flawlessly for me at 30 FPS solid, no frame drops, no audio issues. I fixed my own problem with audio (no footsteps) - You MUST defeat Phalanx and return to the Nexus. All sounds are normal after this.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti RAM: 64GB G.skill Trident

Settings:
Vulkan
PPU LLVM Recompiler
SPU ASMJIT Recompiler
SPU Threads: 6
Write Color Buffers + Invalidate Frames ON

EDIT: Footsteps not present is an in-game "feature", not an issue.
SPU Preferred Threads doesn't equal SPU Threads. Less is usually better.

godless3

(07-30-2017, 02:49 PM)Annie Wrote: [ -> ]SPU Preferred Threads doesn't equal SPU Threads. Less is usually better.

Oops, I'll decrease it to 4 then but I'd have had less problems on 6 for some reason. I had a few freezes when it was set to Auto.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6