RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Is this gonna be for mac?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WolfKid14

I know this is a beta build but when do you think the Mac version for OS X 10.11.X will come out?
Will it be soon or never? I have been a Sony fan for awhile and i think this would be very awesome if this came out on OS X or Linux. Big Grin
It works on Linux and it's compilable for those OS you referred. Not sure if it's working properly on OSX though, it needs testing. Should be working fine on Linux, OpenGL at least.

Nezarn

(08-14-2016, 03:46 AM)WolfKid14 Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is a beta build but when do you think the Mac version for OS X 10.11.X will come out?
Will it be soon or never? I have been a Sony fan for awhile and i think this would be very awesome if this came out on OS X or Linux. Big Grin

Since you have OS X, feel free to test it, here is how you can build it yourself
https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3#dependencies

flashmozzg

It probably won't run any games (with graphics). RPCS3 needs either dx12 (not applicable here), OpenGL 4.3+ (released 4 years ago, but apple is still stuck at four-year-old 4.1 with no intention of updating) or Vulkan (again, apple has no intention of adding support for it since it wants to push it's proprietary "Metal" API).
Since Apple is not going to improve OpenGL support or add Vulkan support, the best solution would be to "drop" the OSX support completely, remove it from Travis and forget about it. It only causes spurious problems anyway, like thread_local support.