RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Soul Calibur 4 [BLUS30160]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i think this game can be moved to playable. i've recorded a video of my gameplay the frame rate was a little bit lower then normal but it still playable. but it will crash from time to time.

https://youtu.be/8079XiItK7k
Sure, if you or someone submits a proper compatibility report
Does this game freeze often? I upgraded my CPU to an i3-8350K and can't tell if it freezes because of my overclock level or simply because of emulation issues. Nothing else seems to crash with my OC, including passing the OCCT stress test.

Edit:
I confirmed it is not my overclock by restoring clock to default 4.0 GHz. You can easily reproduce the freeze by going to the character select screen, pick a character and switch back and forth between outfits by pressing left and right on the digital pad repeatedly. It also happen during fights, etc. It might just be on my system but it's definitely not in the playable category if it happens to others.
(06-11-2018, 04:25 PM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ]Does this game freeze often?  I upgraded my CPU to an i3-8350K and can't tell if it freezes because of my overclock level or simply because of emulation issues.  Nothing else seems to crash with my OC, including passing the OCCT stress test.

Edit:
I confirmed it is not my overclock by restoring clock to default 4.0 GHz.  You can easily reproduce the freeze by going to the character select screen, pick a character and switch back and forth between outfits by pressing left and right on the digital pad repeatedly.  It also happen during fights, etc.  It might just be on my system but it's definitely not in the playable category if it happens to others.

Yes this game started freezing after a recent change in the graphics PR.
The last working build which doesn't freeze this game is rpcs3-v0.0.5-6831-f8a0be8c_win64.7z
(06-12-2018, 03:41 AM)raveskirza Wrote: [ -> ]Yes this game started freezing after a recent change in the graphics PR.
The last working build which doesn't freeze this game is rpcs3-v0.0.5-6831-f8a0be8c_win64.7z

Thank you.  That was very helpful.  I'm glad it's not my system.  I'll try that version later today.

Would you happen to have some advice on emulation settings to achieve optimal performance on this particular game?
Word of warning:
This game requires "write color buffers" or the lighting becomes over-saturated. The best place to see this effect in action is the phantom pavilion (go into training mode and select this stage). You will notice the light in the background is extremely intense and the characters' skin shines like light bulb.

This was observed on the latest RPCS3 as of today on a system with Intel i3-8350K and nVidia GTX 1060.
like soul calibur 2 hd, this game is very laggy and graphics do not render properly or at all in base settings.
(05-23-2019, 05:16 AM)hinotoumei Wrote: [ -> ]like soul calibur 2 hd, this game is very laggy and graphics do not render properly or at all  in base settings.

That is very wrong, Soul Calibur 4 works perfectly, even in 10K.
Pages: 1 2