RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 [BLUS30901]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tested on recent master build. Doesn't display any graphics, but according to sounds game plays intros and goes to menu. Requires libSre and SpursJq LLE'd.
Code:
E {rsx::thread} Unknown/illegal instruction: 0x17 (forced unit 0)
E {rsx::thread} Src type 3 used, please report this to a developer.
E {rsx::thread} FS build failed:D:\rpcs3\FragmentProgram.hlsl(93,71): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected token '.'
D:\rpcs3\FragmentProgram.hlsl(93,58-90): error X3013: 'divsq_legacy': no matching 0 parameter function
Tested on recent master build v0.0.1-35b7cf4 (PR #2309). Shows menus, but crashes on shaders after starting new game
Code:
E {rsx::thread} RSX: Src type 3 used, please report this to a developer.
E {rsx::thread} RSX: Failed to compile shader: 0(85) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' at token "."
0(86) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' at token "."
0(87) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' at token "."

F {rsx::thread} class gl::glsl::link_exception thrown: linkage failed: 'Fragment info
-------------
0(85) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' at token "."
0(86) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' at token "."
0(87) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' at token "."
(0) : error C2003: incompatible options for link
'

LLE used
Code:
- libadec.prx
- libat3dec.prx
- libatrac3plus.prx
- libatxdec.prx
- libl10n.prx
- libpamf.prx
- libresc.prx
- librtc.prx
- libspurs_jq.prx
- libsre.prx
RPCS3 v0.0.2-13-d47252b
This game goes in-game now.

MysteryDash

Tested on latest build, it does not perform as well as Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F for example, but is still fairly playable.
Using Vulkan rendered at 1080p, starts at 60FPS, I have 40FPS during cutscenes but it lowers down to 20FPS while in combat (i7 4770K and HD 7970).
D3D12 is not able to go past the main screen (black screen).
I think all those sys_mutex_(un)lock errors might be causing a bit too much overhead, causing the FPS drop (attachment is too big so I can't upload it).
Playable now! Turn off Write Color Buffer before play!

[Image: 94qhjrb.png]
Where is build name and log?
Here the log file!

I using the latest build!

[attachment=3939]
Version 0.0.7-9151 breaks the game, a lot of graphics is missing.
Also a bit unrelated, but there's a weird bug on my machine where if emulator window is active then the framerate drops dramastically, but as soon as I make it inactive the game works like it should. I even tried the first Hyperdimension Neptunia and it's still present there. It also happened before 0.0.7-9151, but I didn't bother tracking the exact version where this weird bug started happening, it 100% wasn't present in any of 0.0.6 versions.
I'm attaching a log file from 0.0.7-9151, the game is I believe in playable state with the same settings on 0.0.7-9146 and below.
UPD: For some reason attachment disappeared and I already removed the log, but I've made an issue about this on GitHub: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/7240
UPD2: Playable as of 0.0.8-9455.
Beat the Conquest Ending on-stream a few emu versions ago, re-tested on 0.0.18-12899-792ac5ed Alpha today.  No module settings were tweaked.

There is a known text bug which can be fixed by setting "Write Color Buffers" and "Strict Rendering Mode" both to true, which contradicts what an earlier post in this thread claims. The game seems to run at 60fps without any hiccups whatsoever, at its own detriment at times. Due to the incredibly shoddy programming in this game, hitting 60fps can cause crashes when ejecting out of dungeons, and can cause your position to get warped to the origin point of a dungeon after a fight. Both bugs are present in the Re;Birth PC ports of these games, especially in Re;Birth3 where it's documented the most, so this isn't an "emulation error" and will never be fixed through emulator updates going forward.

This game does not have an FPS cap in-game, so setting to Auto mode will not fix this issue as the game does not perform well enough on PS3 to even reach 30fps., much less the 60 required for these bugs to happen. Mapping a 30fps cap in something like RTSS before ejecting out and right before entering fights fixes this issue entirely. Capping the game to 30fps at all times isn't how the game runs on PS3, as it at the very least attempts to hit 60 on the world map and in menus. Maybe a mod/patch could prevent these issues from happening, maybe detecting when you're ejecting out, or when a fight is starting. Otherwise, the state of the game is as good as it'll get. If absolute stability without fps toggling is wanted, then you need to cap to 30 the entire time unfortunately.

Video below is with Vulkan.

[Image: screenshot1.png][Image: screenshot2.png][Image: screenshot3.png][Image: screenshot4.png][Image: screenshot5.png][Image: screenshot6.png]

And for consistency's sake. I tested on OpenGL as well.

[Image: screenshot7.png]

The anti-aliasing is SIGNIFICANTLY smoother than Vulkan, and the performance is the exact same. Quite interesting results imo.

[attachment=23326]