RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Not exactly support. but bit of both!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xXBeefyDjXx

Hi there!

Firstly, Id like to say hey, Just joined and have been following the AppVeyor releases as they've been compiled.

I'd love to say I could help, but Code is NOT my strong point (Learning C# at the moment though...)

Secondly, Kudos to the RPCS3 Team. It's a lot of hard work porting PPC and others unknown into the architecture we know and love.

Right, Down to business. I have the latest Compiled release and have been testing games, that you guys say work. and I cannot for the life of me get RPCS3 to load in the Terraria "Press start" and other images in, they come up as the lines of colour? regardless of what i set the settings to?

I do have SPRX modules, All of them in fact. And this brings me to my last question and input for now.
What modules have currently been implemented and are used?

And also, I Know where to download them from, I have them extracted from a CFW which had them in, and can RAR them up and get them out here if you guys want them to tinker with instead of constantly ripping nands and so on... That is, if it is okay to do so here. (Rules)

tambre

(01-10-2016, 10:40 PM)xXBeefyDjXx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

Firstly, Id like to say hey, Just joined and have been following the AppVeyor releases as they've been compiled.

I'd love to say I could help, but Code is NOT my strong point (Learning C# at the moment though...)

Secondly, Kudos to the RPCS3 Team. It's a lot of hard work porting PPC and others unknown into the architecture we know and love.

Right, Down to business. I have the latest Compiled release and have been testing games, that you guys say work. and I cannot for the life of me get RPCS3 to load in the Terraria "Press start" and other images in, they come up as the lines of colour? regardless of what i set the settings to?

I do have SPRX modules, All of them in fact. And this brings me to my last question and input for now.

And also, I Know where to download them from, I have them extracted from a CFW which had them in, and can RAR them up and get them out here if you guys want them to tinker with instead of constantly ripping nands and so on... That is, if it is okay to do so here. (Rules)

Welcome.
For most games' graphics to display correctly, you'll need to use the DirectX12 renderer. OpenGL renderer is ways behind and much worse.

Most of the most used modules are implemented. (ie. cellFs, cellGcm, etc) Except cellSpurs* that is. You'll definitely need to LLE that. Also modules to LLE strongly depend on the game. Often there are bugs in HLE'd modules, that we sadly don't know about.

Also, it's against rules to post firmware files and other pirated files here.

xXBeefyDjXx

(01-11-2016, 05:47 AM)tambre Wrote: [ -> ]

Welcome.
For most games' graphics to display correctly, you'll need to use the DirectX12 renderer. OpenGL renderer is ways behind and much worse.

Most of the most used modules are implemented. (ie. cellFs, cellGcm, etc) Except cellSpurs* that is. You'll definitely need to LLE that. Also modules to LLE strongly depend on the game. Often there are bugs in HLE'd modules, that we sadly don't know about.

Right on that note no files Smile

I shall look into windows 10 upgrades, as Sadly the Original os was wiped on my pc, the windows 8.1 i have wont let it upgrade to windows 10 because it won't boot (Bios faults not fixed)
I shall see what I can do, and maybe that fixes it

tambre

(01-16-2016, 12:08 AM)xXBeefyDjXx Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2016, 05:47 AM)tambre Wrote: [ -> ]

Welcome.

Right on that note no files Smile

I shall look into windows 10 upgrades, as Sadly the Original os was wiped on my pc, the windows 8.1 i have wont let it upgrade to windows 10 because it won't boot (Bios faults not fixed)
I shall see what I can do, and maybe that fixes it

If you don't want to upgrade to Windows 10 yet, you can probably hold out a few months until the new Vulkan API is released, which should work down to Windows 7 or so, as long as you have a OpenGL 4.* compatible graphics card and your graphics card manufacturer releases new drivers for it.

On that note, there's a Vulkan press conference on the 21st January, so it will be date, when we'll likely get the release date or the specifications released.

xXBeefyDjXx

(01-16-2016, 09:02 AM)tambre Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want to upgrade to Windows 10 yet, you can probably hold out a few months until the new Vulkan API is released, which should work down to Windows 7 or so, as long as you have a OpenGL 4.* compatible graphics card and your graphics card manufacturer releases new drivers for it.

On that note, there's a Vulkan press conference on the 21st January, so it will be date, when we'll likely get the release date or the specifications released.

I managed to get to windows 10 with no faults this time around. DX 12 running sweet and sound with no bugs yet, terraria and Jet set are going okay for me.

Thank you for helping, And I am sure I will be able to bug test for you guys soon too.
Being on a gtx 860 4bg with an octacore i7 it's alright for emulation
(01-17-2016, 10:54 PM)xXBeefyDjXx Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for helping, And I am sure I will be able to bug test for you guys soon too.
Being on a gtx 860 4bg with an octacore i7 it's alright for emulation

4 cores with hyper threading or 8 cores for a total of 16 threads? If it is the later then... holy shit. Have fun.