RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Audio implementation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nodepad

Hello, guys. I have found this project very interesting. I have some experience with audio coding so I decided maybe I can help project. I tried to dive in into your audio implementation. And found it little bit strange. You've implement audio mixing programmatically without any vectorisation or hardware optimisation. Why you didn't use separate audio sources for audio ports? As far as I know it can be done in XAudio2 , OpenAL or CoreAudio; this libraries are optimised for audio mixing on host hardware than your implementation. Maybe there are some problems with audio emulation?

tambre

(09-12-2015, 08:55 PM)Nodepad Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, guys. I have found this project very interesting. I have some experience with audio coding so I decided maybe I can help project. I tried to dive in into your audio implementation. And found it little bit strange. You've implement audio mixing programmatically without any vectorisation or hardware optimisation. Why you didn't use separate audio sources for audio ports? As far as I know it can be done in XAudio2 , OpenAL or CoreAudio; this libraries are optimised for audio mixing on host hardware than your implementation. Maybe there are some problems with audio emulation?

Audio stuff would probably deserve a proper rewrite. As of now, often (at least for me), XAudio2 backend crashes the emulator. For most of those questions, I'd suggest you to ask on our IRC - #rpcs3 on Freenode. Most of the active developers are there and most likely willing to answer to your questions.