RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: The ultimate Question!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

3V01988

How the hell are you guys this good :p from what i've seen, we went from about 3 games that started loading to about 50 in 4 months, i know the pcsx2 development is helping you guys move this along quite a bit faster than i anticipated, i expected about 20-25 games to be loadable, but not this insane number of games Smile Most ppl on here appreciate you more than you think, not because of the emulator, but because you are quite unlike other emulator developers Smile When you get asked a question, you answer it as best you can instead of just swearing and cussing saying that ppl that don't know this shit are retarded... So thank you all for being awesome Smile

hassanrazza

Thanks for all your support! The devs who should be the ones thanking you are busy making the emulator so on their behalf thanks for your love and encouragement. And remember always be patient and pray that things get easy for the team.

deividfeitosa

log
audio decoder[96] thead adcrawread() sequence error (task 3)
rpcs3
Disgaea.3.Absence.of.Justice - PS3 BLES-00452
(06-22-2014, 09:26 PM)deividfeitosa Wrote: [ -> ]log
audio decoder[96] thead adcrawread() sequence error (task 3)
rpcs3
Disgaea.3.Absence.of.Justice - PS3 BLES-00452

Wrong thread... It's also well known that audio doesn't work (mostly) in Disgaea 3, no need to post about it.

3V01988

(06-22-2014, 08:21 AM)hassanrazza Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all your support! The devs who should be the ones thanking you are busy making the emulator so on their behalf thanks for your love and encouragement. And remember always be patient and pray that things get easy for the team.
I am, don't worry about that, i was there when they first started working on the last emu :p It takes time, but with the experience most of them built up, it might take a lot less time for the first games to become fully playable, i've seen strides being made rather quickly, but i also know that we'll have to w8 at least 3 yrs for the emu to rly take off :p Anything faster would be just too incredible, and would probably land them a contract @ Sony :p

Cold_Rock

Yeah it's absolutely incredible, and a year ago a lot of people even said cell is never going to be emulated.

But it makes me sad i have a lot of time, but no knowledge about C++ or ps3 to even help a tiny bit.

derpf

(07-12-2014, 01:49 PM)Cold_Rock Wrote: [ -> ]But it makes me sad i have a lot of time, but no knowledge about C++ or ps3 to even help a tiny bit.

Then you're not using your time wisely. Tongue

Cold_Rock

(07-13-2014, 12:53 PM)derpf Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2014, 01:49 PM)Cold_Rock Wrote: [ -> ]But it makes me sad i have a lot of time, but no knowledge about C++ or ps3 to even help a tiny bit.

Well, then how hard would it be to learn C++ and be able to commit code? Like i said i know nothing about c++ or ps3 technical details, (except some general info). It's just really hard to start somewhere, do you have a link to a tutorial for emulation coding if something like that even exists?
(07-13-2014, 04:45 PM)Cold_Rock Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, then how hard would it be to learn C++ and be able to commit code? Like i said i know nothing about c++ or ps3 technical details, (except some general info). It's just really hard to start somewhere, do you have a link to a tutorial for emulation coding if something like that even exists?

Basically learn about programming and how computers really work in general, and then C++ and PS3 in particular.

It will probably take a few months of hard work, several hours a day, before you become really good.

My first venture into programming was this and this book. They are great for Python, but if your goal is helping rpcs3 there are maybe better ways to start. Not that jumping between languages is that hard. Took me < 1 week to "learn" Java after Python, and about the same for C, and again some assembler language... It takes a bit longer to become really familiar with a new language, but whatever.

Well, hope that an actual developer answers your question better.

Edit: Also, I don't know if C++ is really a good starting point for someone knew to programming. Usually new students and such learn Python or more commonly Java for a reason.

derpf

(07-13-2014, 04:45 PM)Cold_Rock Wrote: [ -> ]

I volunteer to work with people who are learning programming so I have a decent chance at observing people. C++ is, indeed, one of the worst places to start. Typically what we'll recommend is starting with something like Python (LPTHW is a pretty decent free book for this) and get a grip on what you're even doing.

Once you are confident enough that you can write solid moderately complex programs you might feel up to starting to learn C++. But remember, one does not simply learn C++. It's an incredibly large and complicated language (the standard is over 1,300 pretty concise + technical pages) and it's hard to get right.

(Heh, fortunately it's not like RPCS3 is the most stellar C++ you'll ever see.)
Pages: 1 2