RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F [BLUS31319]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(10-08-2016, 11:03 PM)ElementalCyclone Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Use the PPU interpreter (fast one) and not the recompiler.

Well, surprisingly, it works, playable and i get 28+ fps, thanks ssshadow.

But even though i get 28+ fps, is it normal that the images and audio appear to be miss or skipped few frames and yet still appear slow at the same time ?

#A bit out of topic
So, ssshadow, why did you recommend me to use the Interpreter instead of Recompiler ? what is the difference between them ? is there any link or reference that i can read ?

The game is supposed run at exactly 30 fps on a real ps3. Less than that and things can happen as you see... That is just how the game is programmed.

The PPU recompiler is a work in progress and isn't very stable. It works for some games, but mostly crashes.

In very very very simple and general terms: A recompiler translates console machine code into native code for your own cpu and then executes that fast. The interpreter is just than, an interpreter. It looks at one instruction at a time and then does something appropriate. This is slower.

Lastly, do try with DX12 instead of Vulkan, it may or may not be faster.

Nezarn

(10-09-2016, 12:08 AM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Lastly, do try with DX12 instead of Vulkan, it may or may not be faster.

DX12 is cancer in this game, it has a major memleak, or something similiar, after a while it will stutter as hell, so much that fps will be like ~3

Also why is this game is in half-playable still?

@ElementalCyclone use Xaudio instead of crap OpenAl (that way sound will be ok)
(10-09-2016, 07:49 AM)Nezarn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2016, 12:08 AM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Lastly, do try with DX12 instead of Vulkan, it may or may not be faster.

Also why is this game is in half-playable still?

There is basically only one semi active person with mod rights from what I can see.

And then there are at least 3 threads for this game with the exact same result but different IDs. I think all of those should just be merged, I mean the different versions run identically. It makes no sense to spread out information in this case.

jazjaz36

Hello I'm trying to get Project Diva F to work on the Rpcs3. What I actually got was the japanese version. This is the game code
BLJM60527

Now the version of RPCS3 I got is the latest (I think) which is v0.0.1-3-758f1bc

I have windows 10. Now I followed some instructions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5onbQOusYY

but after a few minutes of recompiling PPU executable, the game just shows a black screen with moving FPS and then this error comes out.

E {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x00010240]} 'cellFsStat' failed with 0x8001003a : CELL_ENOTMOUNTED

now the person on youtube used this version which the compatibility site also said to use (RPCS3 LLVM-aef5113d) I've been trying to find that, but I don't think this specific version is even available for download. Any help, please?
Post the full log file rpcs3.log, put it in a .zip and attach. For your own sanity test with PPU interpreter (fast) and then switch to LLVM when everything is ok.

jazjaz36

(02-05-2017, 11:33 AM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Post the full log file rpcs3.log, put it in a .zip and attach. For your own sanity test with PPU interpreter (fast) and then switch to LLVM when everything is ok.

Is this what you needed? I also tried switching the settings to PPU interpreter fast but the same thing happened.
(02-05-2017, 12:48 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 11:33 AM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Post the full log file rpcs3.log, put it in a .zip and attach. For your own sanity test with PPU interpreter (fast) and then switch to LLVM when everything is ok.

Is this what you needed? I also tried switching the settings to PPU interpreter fast but the same thing happened.

The folder structure is messed up. Inside BLJM60527 make the folder PS3_GAME and put eveything (USRDIR etc) insde it, but right next to PS3_GAME put the file PS3_DISC.SFB.

So for example you should now have:
\BLJM60527\PS3_DISC.SFB
\BLJM60527\PS3_GAME\PARAM.SFO
\BLJM60527\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\BOOT.BIN
\BLJM60527\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\rom

And as this is a disc game the folder BLJM60527 itself should not be inside /dev_hdd0/, just put it wherever and use boot -> boot game.
"""real games""" as in The Last of Us, MGS 4, Uncharted...

Old build can be found in the "artifacts" tab on Appveyor which is primarily a code quality thing that just happens to be able to host the finished .exe for free...

Diva F 2 only runs to the main menu.
FYI Just a tip: you can run bdvd games from the /dev_hdd0 folder if you change the path mapping for "/dev_bdvd" to "$(GameDir)/../". Unfortunately, this path mapping functionality was dropped from the GUI at some point but its still possible to edit the config file. Makes life alot easier, just double-click and run. Most games will just work out-of-the-box though.

EDIT: Nevermind: This trick doesn't work anymore with current builds. Just tested it to be thorough.

jazjaz36

(02-06-2017, 01:50 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]"""real games""" as in The Last of Us, MGS 4, Uncharted...

Old build can be found in the "artifacts" tab on Appveyor which is primarily a code quality thing that just happens to be able to host the finished .exe for free...

Diva F 2 only runs to the main menu.

oh real games as in real people graphics, okay.

oh so we're not looking for a download link but a code? interesting. its all too confusing though, i guess i'll just stick to the build that i have. the latest build seems to be accurate with the compatibility list.

thanks for the tip. yeah i had to test it for myself and intro is the best it could go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10