RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: DirectX render in the future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Ru4slan

Yes or no?Only OpenGL?

Ashe

What would you gain from having DirectX if there is already OpenGL?

Ru4slan

(04-09-2014, 02:02 PM)Ashe Wrote: [ -> ]What would you gain from having DirectX if there is already OpenGL?

Just a friend asked.

Blackbird

If D3D12 will be more like Mantle like MS said then maybe I'd see some point in this, but OpenGL has upper hand for now.

Ru4slan

(04-09-2014, 03:02 PM)Blackbird Wrote: [ -> ]If D3D12 will be more like Mantle like MS said then maybe I'd see some point in this, but OpenGL has upper hand for now.

Yes.Low level ?ccess to video memory.
So according to MS the first games with DX 12 should be out by the end of 2015, and until then, there probably won't be much driver support or anything. So no need to bother about it for now, or quite some time.

Besides, I really don't think graphical performance will be such a big issue. My pretty much low end GT 555m shows 2-3 % GPU usage in the lowest power state of 200 mhz when Disgaea 3 is at 1 fps Tongue

Ashe

You don't really need Mantle, OpenGL can already do just fine with stuff like MDI, texture arrays and bindless resources... (which match what the emulator needs more than Mantle)

Ru4slan

(04-09-2014, 05:51 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]So according to MS the first games with DX 12 should be out by the end of 2015, and until then, there probably won't be much driver support or anything. So no need to bother about it for now, or quite some time.

Besides, I really don't think graphical performance will be such a big issue. My pretty much low end GT 555m shows 2-3 % GPU usage in the lowest power state of 200 mhz when Disgaea 3 is at 1 fps Tongue

?m.How she gives FPS in recompiler?
(04-10-2014, 12:13 PM)Ru4slan Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2014, 05:51 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]So according to MS the first games with DX 12 should be out by the end of 2015, and until then, there probably won't be much driver support or anything. So no need to bother about it for now, or quite some time.

1 fps with SPU recompiler.

Ru4slan

(04-10-2014, 12:45 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2014, 12:13 PM)Ru4slan Wrote: [ -> ]

1 fps with SPU recompiler.

How so? After all, should accelerate. Or is he still the initial stage?
Pages: 1 2