RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: kickstarter ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

meow

hi , new here. i was thinking of maybe starting a kickstarter for RPCS3 development, but before i say anything else, what do you think the legal issue on this? i dont wanna get bitchsmacked and bukkaked by SONY tm lawyers.

because emulator itself is not an infringement of any copyrights right ? but people will use them to play pirated ga... err i mean debug, yes we will debug games on my PC to make them work better..
This is a bad idea. A very bad idea. Take my word for it, it's a bad idea.
Bad. Money give nothing, only worse...

Bigpet

It's pretty much DHs decision but what is the money going to be used for? It's not going to be enough for someone to do it full-time and I don't think there's currently a huge demand for more testing hardware

Cold_Rock

Would definitely give money, but not really a good idea i guess.

DragonFireXY

Really bad idea. It would attract to much attention.
AFAIK, kickstarter means 100% responsibility (instead of simple donation) and all money should be repaid if the project fails. But nobody can guarantee that PS3 emulation is even possible, so PS3 emulator development is definitely not a work you can employ somebody in.

Do your homework better, thread closed.