RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: PS3 Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

mixdix123

Hi guys,Smile I am new to the forum and I have a question. Sorry, if my question is stupid, but will my PC be EVER able to play basic 2D PS3 games with a steady speed.
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Double Dissipation 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (4 x 2 GB Dual Channel)

Ekaseo

(03-19-2014, 08:07 PM)mixdix123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,Smile I am new to the forum and I have a question. Sorry, if my question is stupid, but will my PC be EVER able to play basic 2D PS3 games with a steady speed.
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Double Dissipation 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (4 x 2 GB Dual Channel)

you can play them now, just the speed will suck, but once the recompiler is finished, you will
With a recompiler you can expect about a 10 times the performance increase. If you can get about 6 fps now, the answer is probably yes. Roughly speaking. Lets say 10 fps now to be on the safe side.

mixdix123

Thank you for your answers. For now my PC runs Arkedo Series at max about 4 FPS when playing(about 20 FPS in intro), which would mean that I could get at least playbale FPS. Lets hope that the project will be a succsess like PCSX2 and Dolphin emulator.

Ekaseo

(03-19-2014, 08:34 PM)mixdix123 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your answers. For now my PC runs Arkedo Series at max about 4 FPS when playing(about 20 FPS in intro), which would mean that I could get at least playbale FPS. Lets hope that the project will be a succsess like PCSX2 and Dolphin emulator.

disable write depth buffer and write color buffers
you should disable log all syscalls too.

mixdix123

(03-19-2014, 08:52 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2014, 08:34 PM)mixdix123 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your answers. For now my PC runs Arkedo Series at max about 4 FPS when playing(about 20 FPS in intro), which would mean that I could get at least playbale FPS. Lets hope that the project will be a succsess like PCSX2 and Dolphin emulator.

disable write depth buffer and write color buffers
you should disable log all syscalls too.

I had already disabled them before.

aniruddh

if u want to see the difference b/w recompiler and interpreter use pcsx2 ur speed and fps will fall neatly ten folds

mixdix123

Thanks aniruddh for the info. But what does everybody else think about that article: http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/the-ques...emulators/
Do you guys think that it is really possible. I have also found a open GitHub PS4 project: https://github.com/ghaststeam/PS4EMX
But i do not know if its fake or legit.

aniruddh

i think xbox one and ps4 emulation is possible but not in recent years

d875j

Well since it's AMD and PC like i would say yes it's real.
Pages: 1 2